Saturday, January 29, 2011

Game Jam 2011

So I'm in Morrisville now, and I've been teamed up with a programmer and a couple of great artists. We clicked well, and quickly formulated an idea for a game which has been evolving throughout the night. I'm impressed by the rapid progress we're making, and I feel confident that we can put out a fun and complete project by the deadline. We'll see if I still have that confidence late Saturday night when we're debugging and rushing to tie up loose ends.

The topic we're encouraged to build our game around is "extinction," which I believe our little game is incorporating just enough. I can't imagine the number of Dinosaur Vs. Asteroid games this contest will produce... but I also can't pretend I don't want to play them.

I have already learned a lot from this event, and it's only the first night. I'm psyched about the whole thing. Can't wait to share our project with the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment