Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Wait, wait... don't tell me.

One day, when I was shaken, an Angel of the Sea joked that I should get a tattoo…

“The Strong, Silent Type,” he said… in Chinese symbols, he meant, since I had been keeping to myself and my Three Kingdoms Era novels.

An angry Soldier overheard—and to him I was a traitor. Maybe… maybe I was?

I mean… if I’m the strong, silent type and the Ancient Chinese way of life celebrates this lifestyle. Then... well… I guess some would say I’m not a proper American.

But maybe I’m just not Army material, eh?
I couldn’t quite make it there… no, not me... the strong, silent type.

If I’m not loud and belligerent, I’m not doing it right.
…Is that right?

I know a lot of people who would agree.

But… that Angel respected me.

He…

Trusted me…

And when I left that place, the Angry Soldier apologized. We shook hands, and he meant it. 

So I raised my silent sales and drifted back… into nothingness…

A ghost soldier… armed only with the power of deafening silence.

And two blue eyes that kill.


No comments:

Post a Comment